Filming in Slovakia
The Slovak Film Commission is your first contact for shooting in Slovakia:
Connecting professionals and providing expert guidance, the Slovak Film Commission is here for anyone seeking to create audiovisual content in Slovakia, whether it be a feature, a documentary, animation, TV series or a commercial.
The SFC can assist with:
- finding a production partner and putting you in touch with Slovak film professionals and service providers;
- obtaining relevant information about shooting possibilities in the Slovak Republic;
- consultation on the cash rebate system;
- searching for locations & assisting with obtaining film permits;
- handling formalities;
- organizing leisure activities for film crews.
A 33% cash rebate
on expenses spent on film or TV production in the Slovak Republic.
Minimum expenses required for a cash rebate:
- €100,000 ($113,000) for individual feature film; €50,000 ($57,000) for documentary or animation spent in the Slovak Republic over a period of 3 years, after project registration.
- €300,000 ($339,000) for television series of max. 26 episodes spent in the Slovak Republic over a period of 3 years, after project registration.
For more info visit: www.filmcommission.sk
Slovakia offers culturally rich and diverse locations, including medieval towns with over 200 castles, a wide range of European streets, modern architecture, industrial and urban settings, luxurious mansions, unique wildlife and picturesque nature.
To see wide range of locations in Slovakia have a look at the locations database
Slovakia is a production-friendly country, having nurtured generations of highly skilled filmmakers, including directors, art directors, DOPs, animators, composers and editors.
You can find your production partner or film professionals in our directory
The Slovak Audiovisual Fund
The Slovak Audiovisual Fund, operating since 2010, is the main public funding institution for the Slovak audiovisual culture and industry. The aim of the Fund is to support the entire film value chain - development, production, distribution and promotion of audiovisual works, cinemas, festivals, research, training activities, innovations and technologies. Recipients of financing from the Fund shall be individuals or legal entities registered in the Slovak Republic.
The Fund has the following essential goals:
- to increase cashflow in the audiovisual culture and industry
- to encourage the flexibility and effectiveness of the financial support
- accountability of the support recipients
- extended forms of available support (grants, loans and stipends)
- support to all parts of the film value chain: development, production, distribution, promotion and sales, festivals and other events, cinemas, research, education, publishing, workshops, etc., development of the Slovak audiovisual industry and its infrastructure
- transparent and professional decision making