Hammam - Thermal Spa in Trenčianske Teplice
The history of this notable building began when the former owner of the spa, Iphigenia de Castries d'Harcourt, saw the model of a luxurious Turkish bath at the World Exhibition in Paris. She was mesmerized by it asked the viceroy Izmail of Egypt for permission to build a Hammam in Trenčianske Teplice. The request was accepted and he sent his court architect with her to Trenčianske Teplice. The Hammam was finished in 1888, the building was unprecedented in Europe at the time.
The Hammam hall is beautifully illuminated from three cupolas with glassed-in openings, creating the impression of a starry sky.