The origins of Halič Castle date back to the 12th century. Uprisings, wars and all sorts of rebellions eventually left it in ruins. It was redesigned in 1762, when a columned entrance hall was placed in the front wing featuring a double-wing staircase, chapel and ceremonial hall with a rich selection of the most extensive frescoes found in today’s Slovakia. The castle also has a French park whose rose garden started to be planted in 1820.
The adjacent land with an English garden and pond, are listed together with the castle as a National Cultural Heritage Site.